David uses his highway safety expertise as well as extensive criminal justice background providing an all-inclusive endeavor. He develops and facilitates a coordinated, multidisciplinary approach to traffic safety.
David's creative and effective traffic safety solutions focus on the intersection of “How We Think” and “How We Act” for national, state and local agencies, NGOs, non-profits and corporations.
Utilizing his extensive background, David develops the best results for each client’s project, while advancing the client’s goals and objectives.
An international leader in traffic safety, David has worked as an executive in non-profit organizations and has experience in grant funding, working with highway safety advocates, and leading initiatives to reach strategic stakeholder groups.
David understands the need to consider all traffic safety efforts in a comprehensive manner, from public service messages addressing prevention and deterrence, to ultimately, the court’s response with the offender.
A former assistant prosecutor with 16 years in the courtroom, David has:
- Prosecuted and convicted impaired drivers
- Prosecuted and convicted vehicular homicide offenders
- Worked closely with victims and their families
- Advised law enforcement officers on legal issues
With 12 years of local, national, and international training, David has developed and implemented successful training endeavors for all aspects of traffic safety, including:
- Effective investigative efforts for law enforcement officers
- Courtroom strategies for prosecuting attorneys
- Impactful sentencing methods for judges
- Efficient supervision techniques for probation officers
- Creating strong public messages on traffic safety
For local, state, national and international traffic safety partners, David has:
- Created effective public policies.
- Facilitated conferences
- Built effective coalitions
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
With a concentration on Impaired Driving Issues (including Drugged Driving), services are provided in the following areas:
- Distracted Driving
- Drowsy Driving
- Motorcycle Safety
- Substance Impaired Driving
- Underage Drinking
- Youth Traffic Safety
David can provide the following services:
- Public Speaking
- Strategic Planning
- Public Policy Improvements
- Program Development
- Meeting Facilitator
- Coalition Builder
- Traffic Safety Training
- Legislative Strategy Development
- Legal Research